Camp Young Judaea Retreat and Conference Center is the ideal site for your retreat!
Whether for a family reunion, youth or spiritual retreat, Bar/Bat Mitzvah, weddings, corporate conference, or educational symposium, our natural setting allows groups to focus on goals and objectives without distractions. Located in historic Wimberley in the heart of the Texas Hill Country, just 40 minutes south of Austin and 1 hour from San Antonio, CYJ Retreats will allow you to get away from home without the hassle of traveling too far.
240 acres of natural rolling terrain, 5-acre refreshingly cool lake, wealth of oak trees, a complete high and low challenge course, 3 wacky waterslides, and grazing deer create the setting for groups looking for a modern retreat center with a camp-like atmosphere.
Seasoned programming, hospitality and catering staff customize every event to meet the group’s needs. Whether you are planning a meeting in our state of the art Conference Center, looking to celebrate a special occasion, or your desire is to create a group bonding experience, the CYJ Retreat & Conference Center has it all.
Lodging: Camp Young Judaea- Texas Retreat and Conference Center offers 5 lodging options that can accommodation 480 guests!!
- <The Lodge has 20 triple occupancy rooms, including a main lounge area with a kitchen, TV, and game room. This building comfortably sleeps 60 guests and is a popular site for a hospitality area.
- 22 Air-conditioned/ heated cabins provide large group housing. Each cabin has its own bathroom, multiple sinks, toilets, and private showers. They are equipped with comfortable beds, and there is ample space to store clothing and personal items. Most cabins house 14 to 20 guests.
- The Family Lodge is the perfect place to house large families or groups that like to stretch their legs and enjoy the comforts of home. This complex has 4 bedrooms and 3 baths, including a master bedroom, kitchen, laundry room, living room, and 2 porches. The Family Lodge houses 8 guests.
- The Apartments two bedroom dwellings with a living room, bath. Once bedroom has a queen bed and the other has either a 2 twins or a twin and a bunk bed. We have three of these units that are ideal for families.
- The Namaste Center is our brand new lodging complex with 10 private rooms, complete with private baths. Each room has a queen size bed and either a twin or bunk bed. The building has a 900 square foot meeting space ideal for small groups. The meeting space has a professional A/V system, 24 hour coffee and tea station, laundry room, 3 porches, and an outdoor seating area with a water feature.
CYJ has become a favorite place for meetings and gathering because it offers an environment for focused learning, training, and meetings, without the distractions of “the outside world.”
Climate controlled meeting rooms:
- The Grand Hall Complex: This 15,000 square foot building is the center of activity and meeting spaces It provides many areas that can accommodate from 25-500 guests
- Dining Room – Can be quickly converted to meeting spaces
- Arts & Crafts - Multi-use space
- Activity Hall - Includes a stage
- Foyer – for small group meetings
- Dome – Ideal for video needs with a 220 degree screen 80 people capacity.
- The Lounge - Casual setting for guests to relax. Equipped with a kitchen, laundry room and a drink station
- The Shalom Center - This new construction building has 70 guests meeting space and 5 breakout areas
- The Namaste Center - 80 Guests meeting room at the entrance there is also a lobby with a coffee/tea station. The meeting room is equipped with a large screen and a brand new AV system
- Amphitheater – Overlooks the lake Holds 250 people.
- Pavilion – Covered and great for sports or large activities 400 people capacity.
- New Gazebo – small intimate activity space
- Samet Gazebo - small intimate activity space
- Tree House – Cross the “Indiana Jones” bridge to a tranquil meeting space
- Patio Dining Room - outdoor dining and activities
- Pool Decks – Under the shade of large mature Oak trees
- Picnic Area – Outdoors and beautiful
Dining: At Camp Young Judaea Retreat and Conference Center, the food is wholesome and bountiful. We are able to cater to every palette at every meal. Mealtimes are an important opportunity for people to relax and spend time together. We provide delicious glatt kosher meals.
Recreation: We offer a wide variety of athletic areas, aquatics options, and activity spaces designed to provide a variety of fun and/or competitive experiences.