Stony Point Conference & Retreat Center welcomes across boundaries by providing overnight and day-use accommodations and meeting spaces for individuals and guest groups. Our meeting spaces are open, comfortable, and we offer high tech user friendly amenities. There are different venues designed to meet varying group sizes and needs. We are located in the scenic and historic Lower Hudson River Valley, northwest of Manhattan in beautiful New York State. Close to NYC and three airports we are the perfect location your meeting or retreat. Whether you come as part of a small or large group or for an individual stay, our goal is to provide radical hospitality that honors the distinctive needs of each guest. Our dedicated team at Stony Point Center looks forward to welcoming you.
Highlights Unique to our Property
- A Meditation Space
- Art Space & Artist in Residence Programming
- Center and Library for the Bible and Social Justice
- Fair Trade Gift Shop
- Japanese Peace Garden
- Organic Farming (Including Chickens)
- Outdoor Fire Pits
- Gilmor Sloane House Accommodations, 1856 Renovated Victorian Mansion
- The Allison House, 19th Century Country Home Accommodations
- 30 Acre Campus with Ample Outdoor Seating
Facilities and Accommodations
We offer both simple and comfortable accommodations in our Lodges (up to 134 people) and a 22-bed renovated Victorian home (Gilmor Sloane House).
- Four Lodges on campus provide the majority of our housing: simple accommodations with shared individual bathrooms for up to 140 people.
Each lodge offers a shared lounge and kitchenette with a microwave, sink and small refrigerator.
- Gilmor Sloane House, Victorian mansion, with 11 bedrooms, can accommodate 22 comfortably, offers private baths and has lots of lovely meeting spaces.
- Allison House, Charming home with room for 12 people in 5 bedrooms with its own kitchen
- Stone House, This is the ground floor of the Stone House building (also known as Lower Stone) that offers a private retreat space that can accommodate up to 4 people.
Stony Point offers more than a dozen indoor and outdoor meeting spaces for 15 to 250 people. Most of our rooms are fully accessible for people with disabilities. All rooms except the Meditation Space have wireless Internet access.
- Evergreen is our main building on campus offering a variety of conference spaces all under one roof. Our Auditorium (seats 130) is often used for worship space.
- Maple Conference Facility: Maple is one of our lodges and contains 3 wings of accommodations and 4 conference meeting spaces.
- Lodges: Each lodge contains a small lounge in the center of it.
- The Gilmor Sloane House has accommodations upstairs and a variety of meeting spaces downstairs.
- The Allison House is off campus and therefore tends to be used by smaller groups.
Dining: We offer a wide variety of healthy foods geared to your preferences in our dining hall. Food at Stony Point Center is prepared “from scratch” in our own kitchens, using produce from our own gardens and local growers whenever possible, and using fair trade chocolate and coffee.
Hermitage: A spiritual retreat in the heart of our campus. Feeling frazzled? Looking for a quiet place to read, write, or reflect? Consider spending a few days at The Hermitage at Stony Point Center. This small, one-room, stone house offers a single bed, small refrigerator, microwave, writing table, rocking chair, and private garden area outside.
Surroundings: Bear Mountain & Harriman State Parks, Stony Point Battlefield State Historic Site, Appalachian Trails