Silver Lake has 5 year-round buildings, available for Retreat groups September to May.
We can serve groups as small as 10 and as large as 180.
Each building has restrooms with showers and a meeting space.
Our oldest retreat building, the Retreat Center, was completely renovated in 2012. In addition to new carpeting, paint, furniture, and bathrooms, structural improvements will make the building more energy efficient and sustainable.
- The main room offers a large central meeting space as well as cozy conversation areas, each with glass doors leading to porches that overlook our serene woods. A fully equipped galley kitchen opens onto the main room.
- The two bedroom wings each contain three bedrooms with three twin beds and one end room with four twin beds. Additionally, there are two accessible bedrooms and bathrooms in the main wing. Every room has a porch accessible through sliding glass doors. Three full bathrooms in each wing make staying in the new RC comfortable and convenient.
The largest of our five winterized retreat lodges, The Cedars accommodates a maximum of 54 people in dormitory-style bunk rooms.
- The Cedars offers 6 bedrooms located on two floors; there are 5 restrooms configured with 9 sinks, 9 toilets, and 6 showers.
- The Cedars contains a kitchenette appropriate for snack preparation including a full-size refrigerator, microwave oven, and coffee maker.
- The main room of The Cedars is spacious and includes a very large stone fireplace with a wood-burning stove, tuned piano, and comfortable seating arrangements.
The Pines is a two-story winterized lodge that accommodates a maximum of 36 people in dormitory-style bunk rooms.
- The Pines offers 5 bedrooms and 4 restrooms configured with 5 sinks, 5 toilets, and 6 showers. Two of the restrooms are fully accessible for people using wheelchairs. Three bathrooms are private, single bathrooms.
- The Pines includes a full kitchen appropriate for cooking. The kitchen includes a full-size refrigerator, microwave, and electric stove/oven. Pots, pans, dishes, and utensils are also available in the galley-style kitchen. The large main room is the perfect setting for meeting space and boasts a large stone fireplace with a wood-burning stove.
The Glen is a three-story winterized lodge that accommodates a maximum of 38 people in dormitory-style bunk rooms.
- The Glen offers 4 bedrooms and 4 restrooms configured with 8 sinks, 6 toilets, and 6 showers. The Glen is accessible for wheelchairs with an elevator/lift.
- The lower level of The Glen includes a kitchen appropriate for cooking if groups prefer to prepare their own meals. The kitchen includes a microwave oven, full-size refrigerator, and electric stove/oven. Pots, pans, dishes, and utensils are also available in the galley style-kitchen.
- The Glen boasts a large stone fireplace with a wood-burning stove
The main meeting space is furnished with comfortable seating and large tables appropriate for doing special craft projects or dining. The lower level is furnished with tables for dining and a ping pong table for recreation.
The Lodge is the smallest of our winterized retreat facilities, accommodating a maximum of 18 people.
- The bedrooms in The Lodge include bunkroom-style accommodations as well as some single beds.
- There are a total of 4 bedrooms. The Lodge also offers two restrooms configured with 3 sinks, 2 toilets, and 2 showers.
- The galley-style kitchen offers a microwave oven, full-size refrigerator, and electric stove/oven and lends itself to snack preparation. The main room of The Lodge is comfortably furnished and boasts a beautiful stone fireplace.