“A Peaceful Sanctuary in the Midst of God’s People”
Come experience the warm and inviting homelike atmosphere of this unique Christian retreat center, nestled in the quaint southwestern Pennsylvania town of Waynesburg. Whether attending special day/evening programs in our meeting spaces, days of reflection, or overnight retreats, guests will find comfortable, quiet spaces for prayer, reflection, and meditation. From its living room type meeting rooms, small parlors, and dining rooms to its lovely chapel and meditation gardens, Servant Song’s welcoming presence will draw guests into a gentle reverence toward God, self, others, and all of creation.
Spiritual Retreat Programs:
- Guided Group Retreats/Weekend Retreats – Small group prayer and spiritual direction
- Guided Days of Prayer Retreats – Days of quiet reflection/Christian meditation, individual or day groups, centering prayer
- Directed Retreats – May include Ignatian retreats according to the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius of Loyola and Ignatian Spirituality in Everyday Life – Annotation 19
- Preached Group/Conference Retreats – Contemplative spirituality/prayer, inner healing prayer, personal development
- Private Retreats – Individual retreats, silent prayer and meditation, silent directed retreats, private prayer and spiritual direction
- Day Breaks/Quiet Days – Take a day or a few hours to rest your soul and refresh your spirit. Prayer, devotion, meditation, non-directed or directed by a spiritual advisor/director
- Tailored Retreats – To meet the special needs of your group, couples retreat, volunteer retreats, service retreats, Catholic, non-denominational
- Private Retreat Groups – We also make our facility available for groups that provide their own retreat directors/leaders
- Private Spiritual Direction – Trained spiritual directors offer individual private spiritual direction by appointment daily, in-person or long distance via Skype
Housing Accommodations & Amenities:
If utilizing all rooms and extra sofa beds and trundle beds, total sleeping capacity of both houses is 20 people.
The Main Retreat House:
- Private guest rooms (9) each with a private half bath (bed linens provided)
- Private shower rooms (towels provided)
- Central air condition and ceiling fans
- Minivator and chair lift for the physically challenged
- Prayer/worship chapel (16-20 people)
- Spirituality/religious library
- Transfiguration prayer parlor
- Turret parlor
- Sunroom parlor
- Living room type meeting room (up to 12 people)
- Large dining room/meeting room (up to 16 people)
- Prayer/meditation gardens, gazebo, fish pond
- Wi-Fi – Wireless internet is available if you must stay connected
- TV/VCR/DVD available for group presentations
The Burning Bush Retreat Cottage (also on the property):
- Double-occupancy rooms (3) with twin beds
- Sleeper sofas may be utilized if more sleeping space is needed
- Full private bathrooms (2)
- Large “great room” meeting/dining space (up to 12 people)
- Ceiling fans and air conditioning
- Gas fireplace
- Kitchen and additional dining area for groups/guests who wish to prepare their own meals
To nourish the body as well as the soul, delicious home-cooked meals and refreshments are provided in B&B style at the main retreat house. We can also accommodate special dietetic needs, i.e., gluten-free and diabetic diets. Those staying at The Burning Bush Retreat Cottage are welcome to join meals at the retreat house or prepare their own in the cottage kitchen.
Servant Song Ministries is Unique…
We are an ecumenical retreat house and spirituality center – a collaborative ministry that encourages and promotes spiritual growth and enrichment through prayer, silence, retreats, education, and spiritual direction in the Christian tradition.
Although a non-profit religious organization and public charity, Servant Song is not owned by an individual, denomination, or religious community. Our leadership, staff, and ministry team members come from major Christian denominations. Together, we share our gifts and celebrate our unity under the Lordship of Jesus Christ. To all who come, we offer the gift of hospitality. All faiths welcome!