Providence Spirituality Centre is a warm, inviting, peace-filled retreat house, on the grounds of the Motherhouse of the Sisters of Providence of St. Vincent de Paul. The lovely 33-acre setting, spotted with paths, benches, old trees and patches of delightful flowers make it an oasis of tranquility in the heart of the Kingston, Ontario community.
We welcome many diverse faith and special interest groups who book our facility for their particular day-only, overnight or week-long retreats and spirituality programs; we are always happy to serve as facilitators when needed.
Rates for group bookings are set based on the particular needs of each group and their space requirements of the facility. Please call as early as possible with your request. The Centre is often booked months in advance.
Many groups organize and direct their own events. However, our team is delighted to plan and facilitate a spirituality workshop or day of reflection for your group.
Our Centre is smoke free and we strive to maintain a scent-free environment.
- There are two modern meeting rooms on the upper level. The larger can accommodate 100 persons while the smaller has comfortable seating for 60.
- A bright refreshment area nearby provides coffee, a variety of teas and other hot beverages, juices, crackers and cookies. Filtered drinking water is available from the cooler.
- Across from the reception area is our bookstore, a collaborative ministry with the Anglican Church Book Room. You can choose from a fine selection of spiritual books, CD’s and tapes. Payment to the Bookstore can be made by cash, cheque or credit card.
- A lower meeting and relaxing area with tables, chairs, and sofas can accommodate up to 80 persons. It can be divided into 3 smaller rooms. Our library, craft materials and a fitness area are available in this location. Adjoining it is a kitchenette.
- Just outside the entrance to this lower common area is the foyer with a restful flowing fountain. Comfortable seating invites our guests to relax in the peaceful setting
Second Floor Level
- A small lounge area with a stereo system and a prayer room are also located on this level.
- The grounds encompass 33 acres of green space, trees and flowering gardens. There is a gazebo with lawn chairs and an outdoor labyrinth.
- Guests at the Centre are welcome to spend quiet time in the beautiful chapel of Mary Mother of Compassion situated in the Motherhouse.
- Eucharist is normally celebrated in this chapel at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday to Friday. Sunday Eucharist is celebrated at 10:00 a.m.