Prairiewoods is an eco-spirituality retreat and conference center located near Cedar Rapids, Iowa. We invite you to our 70 acres of natural beauty for retreats, workshops, meetings, and spiritual and holistic services. Prairiewoods is dedicated to offering a sacred space, warm hospitality, spiritual and educational experiences, and a variety of resources. We come from a Franciscan tradition but are open to people of all faiths and cultures.
- 20-room Guest House plus 2 private Hermitages
- 3 meeting rooms that can accommodate up to 70 people
- Free wireless access and state-of-the-art technology
- Large gathering areas
- Chef-made meals, primarily from local, organic ingredients
- A natural setting among 70 acres of woods and prairie
- Holistic land management and eco-friendly practices that earned LEED® Gold certification
- Holistic services, such as massage, reflexology, healing touch and spiritual direction
- Walking trails and a beautiful sand-and-stone outdoor labyrinth
- A lending library with an extensive environmental collection
- Group retreats aimed at spiritual and personal growth
- Individual and directed retreats tailored to your needs
- Extensive programming focused on ecology, spirituality and holistic health
As caretakers of this center, we are committed to offering facilities that use alternative energy sources, a sustainable treatment of the land, conservation of natural resources and other Earth-friendly practices.
Come listen to your own spirit as you connect with the healing power of nature at Prairiewoods, a place of peace and transformation!