“Lifebridge Sanctuary radiates a special warmth. I believe it to be an important resource for all of us who feel that our environments can nurture both our inner lives and our outer work.” Bob Dandrew, Director NoVo Foundation.
Lifebridge Sanctuary is a 12,000 sq. ft. hand crafted, green facility on 95 acres of forest and spectacular open space on the Northern crest of the Shawangunk Ridge, close to the small town of Rosendale, 85 north of New York City. A variety of meeting spaces are available, including the Upper Room with a panoramic view of the Catskills, holding up to 60 people and numerous smaller spaces. Up to 36 people can stay in the comfortable bedrooms, many with mountain or forest views. Dining can be inside or out, formal or informal and events can be fully catered or the group can prepare meals together in the state of the art kitchen.
The Sanctuary offers a rich variety of distinctive spaces for group gatherings, many with spectacular views.
- 1800 sq. ft. Upper Room offers a panoramic mountain view, a large stone fireplace and versatile seating options that will accommodate up to 60 seats in the round, or 80 seats theatre or horseshoe configuration for large gatherings
- Break-out areas:
- CedarHeart Lodge - a stone walled room with fireplace, for 10 to 50 people.
- The Stone House Library with a piano and an extensive collection of books on spiritual and social transformation. This cozy and intimate room adjoining the dining room accommodates up to 25 people.
- High speed internet access throughout.
- Lifebridge Sanctuary can sleep guests in a range of comfortable rooms:
- Stone House
Talking Stone room sleeps up to 3 guests with private bath. Corner Stone room offers generous views of the Catskills, sleeps up to 5 guest with private bath.
- Mountain View House
Northern Bedroom - sleeps 4 guests with private bath. Southern Bedroom sleeps 3 guests and full bath with handicap access. Sunset Alcove sleeps 2 with shared bath using either Northern and Southern rooms - full access to Mountain View Deck.
- Garden House
A separate building, newly renovated with mountain views and a minutes' walk from the Sanctuary. 2 single bedrooms, shared baths, 5 double bedrooms, shared baths and 1 triple bedroom, bath ensuite. Kitchenette and small reception/ meeting area.
- CedarHeart Lodge
CedarHeart Lodge can double as a meeting space and a dormitory-type space sleeping up to 4 guests with ½ bath.
- The Sanctuary Dining Room can accommodate up to 40 guests. The Kitchen also seats up to 6 guests and as the season permits dining can be enjoyed on the hand crafted stone patio, up to 40 guests. See the dining images on the photogallery.
- For larger day conferences CedarHeart Lodge can be set up for dining to seat 50 guests for sit-down or buffet-style meals. This can be combined with dining in the Kitchen and Dining Room.
- Guests at Lifebridge Sanctuary can enjoy a range of choices in catering arrangements.
- The Sanctuary offers a 900 sq ft state of the art Kitchen. The Kitchen is designed to enhance the group dynamic by sharing and preparing meals together.
- Lifebridge also offers access to the Hudson Valley's best chefs and catering companies specializing in a wide variety of culinary preferences - from gourmet vegetarian to Classical American cuisine.