Jesus said... "Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest" Mark 6:31
Lake Huron Retreat Center located on the shores of Lake Huron, 15 minutes north of Port Huron. A secluded place of peace and serenity.
A United Methodist Facility, remembering rich traditions, meeting today's needs, preparing for an exciting tomorrow. A place for walks along the lake, sitting quietly watching boats and freighters, listening to the wind.A place for study, conversation, growth, inspiration, sharing good meals with friends.
Lake Huron Retreat Center is a place for programs on a wide variety of topics; spiritual growth and renewal, personal growth and therapy, planning and leadership development, theology and Christian living, music and the arts. Resources and event planning consultation is available from the Center Director. The Center is owned and operated by the Detroit Conference of the United Methodist Church. It is available to churches, schools, colleges, non-profit agencies and service organizations for seminars, conferences, workshops and retreats.
Accommodations: For up to 90 persons in modern bedrooms that sleep 1-6.
Linens and towels are furnished. Each room has a private bath. All buildings have wireless internet.
- LITTLETON LODGE- is the main conference center. Each of the 14 rooms in Littleton Lodge holds 2 single beds and one queen bed.
- RAGLAND LODGE Adjacent to Littleton Lodge. Each of the 8 rooms holds 2 sets of bunk beds and 2 single beds.
- All rooms provide towels, sheets, pillows and blankets.Heaters and air conditioning. Private bath for each room. Reading tables and chairs in each room.
- Each meeting room has an LCD projector (ceiling mount)
- All buildings have wireless internet
- Littleton Lodge has two-48 person capacity conference rooms (Can be divided into four-24 person) several small casual meeting areas and a double-sided fireplace. A reading library is also provided, along with a wide variety of board games for all ages.
- Poole Chapel can accommodate up to 120 persons.
Home cooked meals are served three times a day.
The Center can serve up to 120 meals at one time.
- Kresge Dining Hall - Can serve up to 120 meals at one time. Meals are served 3 times per day.
- Meal Options - Full breakfast or continental breakfast. Standard meals or Banquet.
- Dining room features, Full kitchen facilities, Fireplace
Podium with loudspeakers, Breathtaking view of Lake Huron
Recreation: Recreational opportunities include relaxing and hiking the grounds and lakeshore. Ping pong and table games, reading. Lakeport State Park is minutes away.