Nestled in the unspoiled tropical woodlands of Alva, a tiny town on the Caloosahatchee River, just 15 miles east of Fort Myers, House of Prayer Retreat Center is one of Southwest Florida's best-kept secrets. A charming retreat and spirituality center founded in 1982, the House of Prayer serves the needs of all who come seeking spiritual growth.
The House of Prayer Retreat Center was founded to create a sacred and peaceful space where all are welcome to come home to God, themselves and all creation.
- Five spacious guest bedrooms
- Two full baths
- Library stocked with spiritual reading materials
- Solar heated swimming pool
Meeting Rooms: three meeting rooms available
Memorial Hall: is 38'x28' and holds up to 45 people; kitchenette with small refrigerator, microwave and coffee pots; TV, DVD, CD/Tape player, White Board and 1 restroom Room can be arranged with chairs or tables and chairs.
Office Meeting Room: holds up to 30 people; kitchenette with large refrigerator, microwave, and coffee pots; TV, DVD; 2 bathrooms
Retreat Center Lounge: Living Room with sectional sofa and chairs, which can accommodate up to 15 people. Includes TV, VCR/DVD and use of retreat center kitchen and bathrooms.
- Ten wooded acres, encircled by a long, meandering creek
- Meditation deck overlooking the water
- Path through the woods marking the Way of the Cross
- 7 circuit brick and gravel Labyrinth
- World Peace Garden
- A simple Chapel overlooks the natural beauty of the property.
Our ministries include:
- Large and small group retreats, both on the grounds and at other facilities.
- Spiritual companioning for individuals desiring to grow in their intimacy with God.
- Individual directed retreats and private retreats for men or women desiring to give undivided attention to God for any number of days.
- Monthly Days of Reflection and Special Programs at the House of Prayer.
- Days and Evenings of Reflection at host sites.