Our hale is your hale! Discover why Hawaiian Sanctuary is the perfect place to call home for your next destination retreat. Eco-chic accommodations for up to 30 people, roomy venue space for 80, ample yoga, audio and visual supplies, healthy meals, spa time, and exotic adventures are all available to you when you choose us as your wellness retreat venue.
We offer flexible, competitive rates and warm-hearted service with the spirit of Aloha. As a retreat center, we offer the best value you will find anywhere in Hawaii. We look forward to creating a customized retreat package, and the perfect experience for you and your guests.
Our Venue & Facilities
Find room to roam on our spacious acreage with an array of accommodations and event spaces, to move, hold lectures, and relax. Whatever you need we've got it covered.
- Grow Room: A large, greenhouse style open air venue space with smooth laminate flooring. Perfect for yoga, dance, and movement.
- Laka Lounge: An elegantly furnished, comfy, open air lounge space surrounded by lush jungle landscape with WiFi access. Perfect for co-working, and intimate social gatherings.
- Lecture Space: Located in our main lodge under a tall, vaulted ceiling and open to the nature that surrounds. Filled with 40+ Seats.
- Community Kitchen: A fully stocked vegetarian kitchen available for your use in an open air, greenhouse style building.
- Dining Lanai: Adjacent to the community kitchen, featuring a long ‘Ohana style dining table.
- Spa: equipped with an ozonated hot tub and up infrared sauna. Available for private use, or small groups.
Location: East Hawaii Island
Nestled deep within the jungles, come re-connect with nature in an enchantingly powerful way.
Awash with the sound of exotic birds by day, and tree frogs by night, the environment is lush with tropical flora and fauna, and the weather is a balmy 70-80 degrees year round.
This 'Aina is abundant with a flowing, thriving, healing energy. Many visitors come here and find powerful transformation, in the hearth of the Volcanic Goddess Pele. Come explore the rolling black landscape of fresh lava flows, and feel the energy beneath the earth.
Our planet has 13 sub-climates and the Big Island is home to 11 of them. These micro-climates make for a diverse array of scenery and landscape within just a few miles travel. Discover exotic rain forests, arid desert, white, black and green sand beaches.
In our neighborhood, known as the Puna district, you will find some of the last vestiges of old Hawai'i. Many areas are still undeveloped, offering you the opportunity to explore the raw, unrefined power of nature. The unparalleled beauty of this unique and exotic location makes it the perfect place for you next destination retreat experience.
Three different styles of lodging are available at Hawaiian Sanctuary; our Laka Lounge Suites which are located adjacent to the main lodge, plus our King and Queen Eco-Cabins which are nestled by the Grow Room. All rooms have access to shared community bathrooms and showers just a short walk away.The natural environment that surrounds our facility lends its beauty to our eco-chic accommodations, built upon principals of environmental mindfulness and co-creative community.
Holistic, Healthy Dining
Hawaiian Sanctuary is committed to providing opportunities that support your health, wellness, and ever expanding education.
We believe that lifelong learning is the key to human intelligence and development - mental, emotional and spiritual. No matter what day it is, there is always something to do and discover.
Our daily classes can be included in your programming as an enhancement (e.g. yoga, permaculture, hula, dance, compassionate communication), or we can simply provide privacy for your event.
The perfect retreat experience wouldn't be complete without ample amount of spa time! As part of a retreat program experience, you and your guests will receive unlimited access to our spa and wellness facilities. Enjoy soaking in our ozonated hot tub, and detoxing in our uv infrared sauna. Continue your daily exercise regimen and get a work out in our full, free weight fitness gym.
We have a wide variety of equipment ready and available for your retreat needs.
- Yoga & Fitness: yoga mats, blocks, straps, blankets, bolsters.
- Seating: Meditation cushions, folding meditation chairs, upright wooden chairs.
- Audio Visual: Sound system, microphones, projector, projection screen.
- Dining: Additional buffet set-up, bistro tables and seating.