Vista Verde Retreat is a desert sanctuary in the rural high desert forest of northern New Mexico. This beautiful abode is tucked away in old-growth juniper and piñon pines. If you like being in nature but prefer not to rough it, this place is for you.
The retreat is designed for you to deepen your connection with the land and allow the tensions from daily life to dissolve.The property itself sits on 37 acres with two hiking loops in the natural surroundings. A sense of serenity is pervasive as you wind your way through the compound.
The village consists of about 150 residents, a general store, a post office and a fire department.
- Sleeps up to 25 (16 beds total)
- The Main House: (1800+ square feet): 3 bedrooms, a full bathroom, a half bath upstairs, a kiva-style living room w/ wood stove/fireplace, a dining room that seats 14, and full & well-equipped kitchen. This house sleeps 9, (2 king beds, 3 twin beds + 1 queen).
- Four "casitas", (little houses), are located a short distance away;The Straw Bale Casita: a one-room straw bale bungalow with a queen bed and half bath. Sleeps 2.
The Adobe Casita: a one-room adobe bungalow with a full bed. Sleeps 2. (There is no plumbing in this little building. The Main House is about 50 steps away)..
The Stick Casita is a little house w/ 1 bedroom with 2 twin beds as well as another twin bed in the living room. There is a full bathroom in this cute little abode. Sleeps 3.
- The Green Hut is a one-room cottage with 1 twin bed. (There is no plumbing or electricity here, but the Main House is 20 steps away).
- "The Q",is a beautiful 1200 sf adobe house with a full bath and kitchen. This house sleeps 4 - 7. In addition to the king bed, the 2 comfortable sofa beds can fit 2 small people each, and there is also 1 twin bed. This house has an open floor plan with a sleeping alcove. (There are no actual bedrooms)
- The Studio, a beautiful 37-foot by 27-foot space complete with sprung floor is ideal for many types of creative and/or healing classes and workshops. Full bathroom with shower
- The 2 Tipis and 3 tents sleep 2 each (bring your sleeping bag)! The Tipis are not waterproof.
- No television and sketchy cell service but Internet, WiFi and land line available at the Main House and at the "Q".
The Land: The surrounding landscape is natural, with a large fenced area and gravel walkways at the Main House. Three miles of dirt roads to the retreat center are passable year-round. A 4-wheel drive vehicle is recommended in the snow and in the springtime mud.
Dining:We have several great cooks we can recommend if you need one.
- Off-site adventure, Taos is 40 minutes away, and Santa Fe is about an hour and a half. Taos Ski Valley is one hour door-to-door.
- You can visit ancient Indian cliff dwellings, hike in the mountains or on the mesa, and river-raft in the Rio Grande Gorge.
- We also can recommend guided hikes, trips to natural hot springs along the river, yoga classes on-site, and even some good local entertainment.Whether or not you want local art, active adventure, indigenous culture, or a relaxing soak, every evening you will find yourself in the peaceful quietude of the surrounding forest and its natural inhabitants.
Vista Verde is an excellent venue for:
- GROUPS AND FAMILIES
Vista Verde Retreat is a desert retreat which promotes creativity as well as emotional, mental, and physical well-being. This harmonious haven is a relaxing and restorative environment. Contact us to plan your own group gathering or reunion: 575-758-2758 or email@example.com. Sleeps 16 to 20.
- TEACHERS AND FACILITATORS
Vista Verde Retreat is a wonderful place to host your workshop, be it a day, a week or a month. Sleeping capacity is 15 - 25, depending on the season. The Studio, a beautiful 37-foot by 27-foot space complete with sprung floor is ideal for many types of creative and/or healing classes and workshops. Please contact us for activities.
" I was looking for a getaway that would have everything: first-rate accommodation, solitude,
yet near both good hiking and civilization. Vista Verde was all of this, and more. " Jason (Chicago, IL)