"A place to feel safe and know you are loved.
A place to meditate, reflect, and pray.
A place to listen to the silence and feel the presence."
The Abbey at Farrow Farm Island Mini Retreat and Conference Center is located on a majestic island in Penobscot Bay in Midcoast Maine .13 miles long and 1 1/2 miles wide at its widest point - Islesboro is a perfect retreat paradise with its unspoiled natural beauty.
The sunrises and sunsets are spectacular. The Abbey is situated on land that has been in our family for over 200 years, and is within walking distance to the shore. The Abbey was designed for ALL people; people of all faiths and people of none.
The Abbey can accept 7 overnight guests and can provide day long retreats or workshops for up to 24.
TWO SELF CONTAINED RETREAT SPACES:
- Beautiful open space with kitchen, bath and pullout sofa.
- Striking leaded glass windows and curved ceiling give this space a spiritual essence of peace and tranquility.
- Snuggle up with a book from an extensive library,
- Meditate in the sacred tower
- Conduct your own workshop or retreat with kitchen facilities to accomodate 24 people.
- Eat on the expansive deck looking out to a creative landscape of flowers among the birches and spruce. Everyone who enters this space is overcome with peace.
2nd Floor: Wake up to a breakfast on the front deck catching the morning sun or curl up with your favorite reading material on a private deck from your 3rd storey sleeping loft. Join friends on a 12 X 20 deck with huge gas grill. Enjoy time away alone in a 4th storey round tower room with skylights and fan to cool you after a day at the beach.