Stony Point Center is located in the scenic and historic Lower Hudson River Valley, northwest of Manhattan in beautiful New York state. Stony Point Center is an open space, a spiritual retreat center. We provide hospitality for a variety of groups for meetings, retreats, and conferences. Whether you come as part of a group or on an individual or small group sojourn, we want to make your stay enjoyable.
Facilities and Accommodations
We offer both simple accommodations in our lodges (up to 134 people) and a 22-bed renovated Victorian home (Gilmor Sloane House).
- Four lodges on campus provide the majority of our housing: simple accommodations with shared bathrooms for up to 140 people.
Each lodge offers a shared lounge and kitchenette with a microwave, sink and small refrigerator.
- Gilmor Sloane House, Victorian mansion, with 11 bedrooms, private baths and has lots of lovely meeting spaces.
- Allison House, Charming home with room for 16 people in 6 bedrooms with its own kitchen
- Stone House, This is the ground floor of the Stone House building (also known as Lower Stone) that offers a private retreat space that can accommodate up to 4 people.
Meeting Spaces: Stony Point offers more than a dozen indoor and outdoor meeting spaces for 15 to 250 people. Most of our rooms are fully accessible for people with disabilities. All rooms except the Meditation Space have wireless Internet access.
- Evergreen is our main building and so has a variety of conference spaces all under one roof .Our Auditorium (seats 130) is often used for worship space.
- Maple Conference Facility: Maple is one of our lodges and contains 3 wings of accommodations and 4 conference spaces.
- Lodges: Each lodge contains a small lounge in the center of it.
- The Gilmor Sloane House has accommodations upstairs and a variety of meeting spaces downstairs.
- The Allison House is off campus and therefore tends to be used by smaller groups.
Dining: We offer a wide variety of healthy foods geared to your preferences in our dining hall.
Food at Stony Point Center is prepared “from scratch” in our own kitchens, using produce from our own gardens and local growers whenever possible, and using fair trade chocolate and coffee.
Hermitage: A spiritual retreat in the heart of our campus
Feeling frazzled? Looking for a quiet place to read, write, or reflect? Consider spending a few days at The Hermitage at Stony Point Center. This small, one-room, stone house offers a single bed, small refrigerator, microwave, writing table, rocking chair, and private garden area outside.
Surroundings: Wander from the Japanese Peace Garden, The Meditation Space, to the Labyrinth, to the Farm, to our Fair-Trade Gift Shop.