Welcome to Priest Field! As you consider time apart for yourself, your group, or organization – for a day, a few days, a week, or a weekend – we have the accommodations perfect to meet your needs. We are ideally located – not too far from major metropolitan centers, but far enough away to relax, reflect, and envision new creative possibilities.
Priest Field is a pastoral center of the Catholic Diocese of Wheeling-Charleston, West Virginia. Ecumenical and interfaith in outlook, we host a wide range of individuals and groups who find our grounds and facilities ideal for gatherings, educational conferences, working retreats, and programs for spiritual growth. Many simply come to be still, pray, and rest in the beauty and silence of the natural environment and chapels.
Situated on forty acres of woodlands along the banks of the Opequon Creek in the Shenandoah Valley, the property is complemented with well-maintained walking trails through the woods and along the creek, water gardens, outdoor decks, and patios, providing many places for quiet reflection.
An overview of our facilities:
- Thirty nine individual guest rooms, each with a private bath, two double beds or one queen bed, and an outdoor balcony or patio. Two rooms are handicapped accessible and located by an elevator
- Four hermitages for private retreat. Each cabin has a small kitchen, private bathroom, separate bedroom with one double bed, and a living room with a full size convertible sofa
- Two dormitories, one with 16 beds and the other with 26 beds
- Five conference rooms to comfortably host groups of various sizes. Each is equipped with tables, chairs, and audiovisual support items as requested. One conference room has digital video-conferencing equipment available
- Two chapels for worship services or individual prayer
- The dining room overlooks the Opequon Creek and serves up to three meals a days as requested when 10+ guests are at the center
- A kitchenette and additional rooms for break-out groups, recreation, and visiting
- A small exercise room with fitness equipment
- A reading room with books, magazines, and newspapers that looks out onto a garden
"I have been hosting individual and group retreats at Priest Field for many years. I also spend time at Priest Field for my personal ‘time out.’ Turning into the driveway feels like I’m coming home. The hospitality offered to everyone is consistently welcoming and is truly an oasis from life’s challenges.” – AJW