Peace Village, a retreat center of the Brahma Kumaris, is a spiritual community of practicing yogis. Some live and work there,while others volunteer for a weekend or longer. Each experiences the profound benefits that meditation and spiritual insight has on one’s life.
They maintain the physical campus and – most importantly – build the atmosphere of safety, serenity, and simplicity.
The aim is to provide a place of refuge, renewal, and spiritual education.
In a world of increasing chaos and noise, there is a growing need for spaces where individuals can go to quiet the mind. The retreat spaces of the Brahma Kumaris are reflective environments. They are places where one can detach from the daily pressures of life, re-energize the spirit, and reconnect with the self.
Many have expressed surprise at the complete shift in awareness that can take place in just a few days. For some, it's the opportunity for solitude, for silent walks through the woods, and sunrise meditations. Others are seeking answers to questions about spiritual knowledge, spiritual power, and the deep experience of meditation.
But for all, to retreat is – before anything else – a unique meeting with the self on the path of purpose and meaning.
- Restore Inner Peace in a spectacular natural setting
- Discover new life tools through self work and group work in interactive sessions. Share with like-minded seekers.
- Take time for quiet reflection, relaxation, walks, and exploration of the beautiful grounds.
- Experience periods of silence and meditation.
- Study the practical aspects of spirituality through classes, exercises, and journaling.
- Enjoy the rejuvenating effects of a pure, serene, and spiritual environment with a vegetarian diet. Peace Village is a smoke free and alcohol free environment.
- Stay in comfortable rooms with private bath. In most cases, double accommodation is provided.
"My recent retreat experience at Peace Village was both spiritually and emotionally rewarding; a mandate for every mortal soul."