Nestled in 300 acres on the eastern edge of historic Excelsior Springs, Missouri, the Lake Doniphan Conference and Retreat Center provides a beautiful and functional setting for business meetings, special events, retreats, conferences, reunions, weddings and seminars.
Whether for an evening, full-day, weekend or midweek, Lake Doniphan offers a peaceful natural environment for education, recreation and renewal.
- Main Lodge: The Main Lodge features 33 bedrooms, each with two double or two queen beds and a private bath. These rooms are fully furnished and carpeted, with bed and bath linens supplied. The lodge also contains a "VIP Suite" with kitchenette, living room area and its own phone line. The dining room is just a short walk down the hallway from any bedroom. There is a telephone line and answering machine for event participants in the upper north hallway. The Main Lodge is equipped with wireless internet service and 9 plug-in ports. View a floorplan of the Main Lodge .
- Mini-Lodges: These two smaller lodges offer more intimate accommodations for 64 in eight rooms of eight. Each sleeping room contains four bunk beds, a private three-piece bath, a second private shower room, and an additional two sinks with vanity. (Bed and bath linens supplied.) The gathering room is the heart of these smaller lodges, with cedar walls, vaulted ceiling, stone fireplace, kitchenette with pay phone, and two-story windows overlooking the upper lake. View a floorplan of the Mini-Lodges .
- Cabins: The 19 rustic cabins offer a simple yet cozy environment suitable for families or small groups. Outfitted with two to six bunk beds each, the cabins are great for capturing the feeling of outdoor camping in warm weather, but with the comfort of a window air conditioner. The public restrooms and shower facilities are conveniently located nearby. Cabin guests provide their own bedding and towels.
- RV Spots: We also have 20 spots for those who bring their lodging with them. Campers, trailers, RV's and tents welcome.
- Main Lodge:On the lower level is a large reception and multi-purpose area which can seat 250 people or can be divided into five smaller breakout rooms seating 20 to 30 each. The Lower Lodge has an overhead sound system, a large-screen TV, an eight-foot projection screen, stone fireplace and a beautiful lakeside view.
- Conference Center: This free-standing room features skylights and patio doors and provides meeting space for up to 40 people. Includes a fireplace and kitchenette.
- Mini-Lodge Great Rooms: Each of our smaller lodges has a central common room which can accommodate up to 64 people. Each cedar-sided room has a stone fireplace, kitchenette and tall windows overlooking the upper lake.
- Upper Building A: The upper level of this building provides meeting space for up to 90 people, in heated or air conditioned comfort. Contains a brick fireplace and windows facing all four directions.
- Lower Building A: The lower level is a multi-purpose room (includes a couple of ping pong tables).
The upper level of the Main Lodge holds our spacious dining room with views of the lake and the grounds in three directions. Groups choose menus from our 23 selections. Special menus and dietary restrictions can be noted on the Food Service Request Form in the contract package. We prepare one entrée per mealtime as well as a vegetarian or vegan alternative, if requested. Lake Doniphan also offers full-service banquets with upgraded menu choices, table linens, and china place settings.
- Swimming: Outdoor Swimming Pool with Wading Pool. Open Memorial Day to Labor Day.
- Boating and Fishing: Fishing, Canoeing, Paddle-Boating. Paddles, life jackets provided.
- Hiking: Informal paths for touring our woods and fields.
- Disc Golf: Enjoy our scenic 9-hole disc golf course. Driver, Mid-Range and Putter discs provided.
- Outdoor Activities: Outdoor Volleyball and Basketball Court. Areas for softball, soccer and horseshoes. Some equipment supplied.
- Indoor Recreation Room: Shuffleboard, Ping Pong, Pop-A-Shot.
- Outdoor Fire Sites: End your day around a glowing campfire.
- Golfing: 18-Hole Excelsior Springs Golf Course is next door.