The Mission of La Casa de Maria Retreat Center is to be a sanctuary of peace for individuals and groups as they renew purpose, strengthen community, and increase their effectiveness in the world.
The Vision of La Casa is that through our programs and environment, persons of all spiritual paths search for wisdom, engage in dialogue, embrace the sacred, and nourish body, mind and spirit, so that, refreshed and renewed, they participate more responsibly in the creation of a just, peaceful world and a whole, healthful earth.
La Casa de Maria offers to non-profits, educational institutions, spiritual congregations, community service organizations, healing and self-enrichment groups, a variety of overnight accommodations, meeting rooms, delicious cuisine and a rich natural environment in which to hold a retreat, workshop, or conference. Our overnight accommodations are diverse, and we will work with you to find the residential arrangements that are most suited to your needs and budget. The Conference Coordination office will assist you in planning your meeting room needs, including layout and equipment, and setting up your meals and snack breaks.
Accommodations: We offer several different types of accommodations based on the nature of your program, the size of your group, and meeting room needs.
- Retreat Rooms: 42 recently renovated retreat rooms each with three single beds and a private bath may be used as singles, doubles, or triples. Two of the rooms are doubles fully equipped for the handicapped. Bedding and towels are provided in all rooms.
- Casa Teresita: Sleeps 10 in two large sunny rooms upstairs each with five beds. There are two showers, one on each floor. The ground floor features a spacious living room for meetings and a kitchenette.
- Casa San Ysidro: Is a large, two-story dormitory accommodating up to 38 people. There are showers on both floors and a ground floor kitchen and dining room. Rental of the kitchen is optional and must be requested in advance. An upstairs meeting room has a capacity for 50 people.
- The Center for Spiritual Renewal: Is the original stone manor house, of both architectural and historic interest. It provides individual and couples a private retreat experience with gracious guest rooms and delicious meals Tuesday to Sunday. In addition, a three bedroom, three bath separate guest cottage, the Hermitage, is available seven days a week for retreatants who may prepare their own meals in its kitchen.
A range of diverse and nourishing menus is offered, with enough variety to suit your group's needs. The meals are healthy, wholesome and a treat to the eye as well as the palate. The generous buffet from fresh ingredients will nurture your body and the warm hospitality of the staff will make you feel at home. Vegetarian and vegan diets are catered for with advance notice. Salads and fresh fruits are always available in generous quantities. A healthy choice of beverages includes a selection of herbal teas, milk, rice and soy drinks.
Nudging ever-closer to the ideal concept of sustainable agriculture, the organic vegetable gardens and orchards are beginning to yield their produce to the kitchens at El Bosque.
- large chapel
- small meditation chapel
- walking paths
- peace garden
- organic orchard and vegetable gardens
- book & gift shop
- swimming pool