Gather. Be Inspired.
A Place Apart: Unique meeting spaces for large and small group gatherings.
Hallowood Retreat and Conference Center is nestled on 55 wooded acres in scenic Frederick County, Maryland. This spirit-filled space is the ideal setting for your meeting, retreat, or professional development event.
From day-long team building sessions, workshops, or seminars to a week-long offsite retreat or conference, Hallowood provides a private, tranquil place to gather, discover, and inspire.
Accommodations: Hallowood features sixteen comfortable sleeping rooms for your overnight meeting or retreat.
- Full, private bath
- Wi-Fi access
- Views of the beautiful Hallowood grounds
- Handicapped-accessible rooms available
Meeting Spaces: A comfortable – and comforting venue for your next group gathering. Hallowood offers two conference rooms and several other unique meeting spaces that accommodate a variety of groups and programs.
- Large meeting space with seating for up to 60 in classroom style and 40 at conference tables.
- Features include screen, video, and LCD projection.
- A full range of A/V equipment, including free Wi-Fi service.
- Bright, windowed space with views of the forest and pond.
Hearthside Meeting Room
- Cozy, casual room with plenty of natural light.
- Direct access to the outdoor patio and three season courtyard.
- Boardroom or other table configuration can accommodate up to 20 people.
- Features include comfortable couches, chairs, and an inviting wood-burning fireplace.
- Outdoor, covered meeting area with tiered seating for 60.
- Picturesque views of the woods and mountains provide the perfect backdrop for your presentation, celebration, or worship service.
- Charming rocking chairs are available for rest and reflection.
Bishop's Courtyard: Outdoor retreat areas features tables for meetings or relaxation and a splendid view of the countryside.
Additional Gathering Spaces
- Ample intimate meeting areas, perfect for breakout sessions or impromptu encounters.
- The Holm Worship Center outdoor amphitheater (pictured above).
- Informal spaces to enjoy bird watching, yoga, or communing with nature.
- Elangomat, “friendship” in the Delaware Lenni Lenape Indian language, a large yet informal space, featuring a field stone fireplace.
- Hallowood’s Worship Center, an outdoor amphitheater, is marked by a large cross that overlooks the pond. A short walk from the Center, it offers a special place for prayer, meditation and renewal.
- Historic Log Cabin