POSITION: Co-Director for Administration
The Co-Director for Administration works side-by-side with the Co-Director for Spirituality at the Forest of Peace to provide outreach and hospitality to guests, and ensure a smooth running of the facility. The Co-Director for Administration, along with the Co-Director for Spirituality and full-time staff, resides at the Forest, taking part in a communal, interspiritual life style with daily contemplative
prayer and meditation.
The Co-Director for Administration of the Forest of Peace is responsible for all non-ministerial activities, including the administration and supervision of personnel, facilities and grounds maintenance, facility and telecommunication / information technology (IT) usage, kitchen, dining and
office management, and coordination of volunteer efforts.
The Co-Director for Administration collaborates with the Co-Director of Spiritual Life and the Board of Directors to fulfill the Forest's mission and vision with formal authority to make decisions regarding the temporal aspects of the Forest of Peace.
The Co-Director for Administration reports directly to the Board of Directors.
- Integrity and good character
- Collaborative leadership
- Effective, well-rounded communication
- Ability to work in a diverse spiritual community
- Project / team / office management
- Budgeting oversight
- IT (computer network) administration
- Software proficiency (MS Excel, QuickBook, Access)
- Strategic planning and financial forecasting
- Fund-raising for non-profits
- Building / grounds maintenance and repair
This is a stipend position that includes room and board.
Please respond by email, attention Sr. Jane Comerford, with attached cover letter and resume, firstname.lastname@example.org. A copy of the application form will be forwarded to you.